Sat, Jan 28th 1-2:20pm & Mond, Jan 30th, 7-8:30pm
Click here to register if you are on Facebook: Coming soon.
or email or call 206-79-2331 to register and for address
Free Basic Peer Counseling Techniques workshops, Seattle
Dates for free workshop, see home page.
What it is: The free workshop is held in the same format as the class, thoroughly teaching you the basics of Inner Wisdom Peer Counseling
What it’s not: A sales pitch that tries to convince you to take the class. Instead, you will actually learn Basic Peer Counseling Techniques. And you are free to enroll in the class should you so choose :).
In the introductory workshop you will
- Learn about the basic theory of Inner Wisdom Peer Counseling
- Watch a demonstration that illustrates the basic IWPC techniques
- Practice with a partner what you’ve learned
- Participate in fun and insight-producing energy exercises with a partner (another attendee or assistant)
- Experience a series of guided embodiment exercises, designed to build an “energetic container” that serves as a support in counseling sessions (part of basic techniques)
- Potentially meet other like-minded people with whom to practice basic peer counseling
- Inner Wisdom Peer Counseling is a client-centered peer counseling system that finds a close peer in humanistic psychology, and in particular, in Carl R Rogers, combined with a strong emphasis on energy exercises, embodiment techniques, visualization, sharing in groups and peer counseling in pairs.
- IWPC teaches us to listen to each other attentively and delightedy. It teaches us to hold space for the person in the counselee’s role to be whole, wise and utterly capable, and - if your beliefs support it - divine. This is profoundly healing!
- It teaches us how to facilitate the other person’s access to her/his inner wisdom.
Tel. (206)790-2331 email: firstname.lastname@example.org